Saturday, November 17, 2012

On the Way to Thailand and Laos

Welcome to my first ever blog.  Seems a lot easier than toting around a journal book.  Right now I'm sitting at home with less than 48 hours before take off.  The journey starts around 10 AM on 11/11 with a flight to Seattle, after which I layover for a few hours and head to Seoul on Asiana Airlines.  I like Asiana because they're part of the Star Alliance, so I get United miles, lower airfare and much more legroom (all of Asisana's economy seats correspond to United's Economy Plus, the difference being that United charges around $400 more RT for the extra legroom).   This will be at least my 10th time flying from the West Coast to Bangkok, but it's never easy.  Total travel time will be 23 hours, but the good part is that I arrive in BKK just after midnight, so it'll be dark and time to go to bed after I take a 45 minute taxi ride to the old airport, where my next flight will depart from the following morning.

1 comment: